At Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, we offer The National Curriculum for England, a broad and balanced programme, promoting high academic standards and a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Careful planning has ensured that the prescribed curriculum content for each subject is covered within a broad and flexible framework where key skills are developed.
From the age of five, all children have daily Literacy and Numeracy lessons. Progress will be carefully monitored and parents are kept fully informed about their child’s achievements. Secondary school students will be entered for GCSE and IGCSE examinations in Year 10 and Year 11 and for A levels in Years 12 and 13.
The National Curriculum for England is divided into four Key Stages:
Pre-Primary and Primary Schools
- Foundation – Early Years Curriculum. EY1 and 2 are offered at Dubai British Foundation.
- Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2), ages 5 to 7
- Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6), ages 7 to 11
- Key Stage 3: (Years 7 to 9), ages 11 to 14
- Key Stage 4: (Years 10 and 11), ages 14 to 16
- 6th Form: (Years 12 and 13), ages 17 to 18+.
Here students are prepared for university entrance or other trainings.